Saturday, February 23, 2013

Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse vs Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation

<Pirmoji kosmetikos priemonių kova jau greitai lietuviškai Makeup Demon facebook puslapyje>

The first battle of cosmetics products is here! And let's start from the beginning or I should say - base. Battle between two foundations: Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse vs Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation!


Let's start from Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse.

Package 18 g. Consistency - mousse. Colour - classic ivory, light no. 2. 
This foundation has a very good coverage. It also conceals all darker spots and irregularities. Product colour adapts to skin well. 

When applying it looks a bit grainy, but if you use a foundation brush it doesn't affect the result, it covers smooothly. 

Pic.: good coverage and skin adaptation (sample on the hand)

Second product - Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation!

Package 18 ml. Consistency - mousse. Shade - no. 81.
This foundation is very light and flawless. It has a good coverage, looks natural. It also conceals skins irregularities, but not as good as Maybelline mousse. It is sold together with brush, but I have not tried using it, as it is small and round. So I'm using my favorite ecotools foundation brush (as you can see in pictures).


Verdict!

Both mousse foundations have a good coverage. I would recommend Maybelline for evening makeup, because it has a better coverage. And for day makeup - Bourjois, because it is lighter and looks more natural. Both foundations stay all day (if it is not too hot and you don't touch your face too often:)). They both have a good mattifying effect, no scent. Prices are the same level. 

More about Maybelline Dream Matte Mousse:
http://www.maybelline.com/Products/Face-Makeup/Foundation/Dream-Matte-Mousse.aspx 

More about Bourjois Mineral Matte Mousse Foundation
http://www.bourjois.ca/index.cfm?cm=QCCFranchise&ce=details&primaryKey=1&categoryID=0&productID=21


18 comments:

  1. Wow great comparison...love this post :)
    I would love to buy the Maybelline one after reading this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, both products are great for me :)

      Delete
  2. nice comparison.. :)

    the mayb mousse looks a little too tight for a mousse na? :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I can say the same thing about both of them, but manufacturers think it different :D

      Delete
  3. Nice review hun, I have the maybelline dream matte mousse, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Inez :) Hope maybelline is good for you :)

      Delete
  4. Good Post Egle It is very useful for me.... :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice review. I haven't tried either of these foundations, but I think I may try the Maybelline one. I've always had good luck matching Maybelline to my skin tone. :)

    Danielle
    http://kalamityjanekosmetics.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So you're a fan of Maybelline brand? :)

      Delete
    2. Yes I am. I've used their products since I was in high school. Lately I've only been using one of their powders, but they make nice makeup for a reasonable price.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Hello, Poorva ;) thanks for visiting my blog!

      Delete
  7. Thank you for comparing, I like maybelline

    Glamupyourlifestyle.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete